Dear #FIRST_NAME#Friends#: click here to view, share or comment on this message
- Got time to join us tonight (Jan 9) for the second CodeNEXT petition signing event put on by our pal, Ed English? Come on over to Frisco’s starting at 6:30 pm, sign the petition, and grab some to take to your friends. We'll have an important announcement soon about our filing deadline plans. Tonight's Event Details here.
- Did you see yesterday's Statesman article about former City Councilwoman Laura Morrison running against Mayor Steve Adler -- questioning Austin's growth policies? She has already been seen about town questioning CodeNEXT. Read the article here.
- Did you see that landowners and residents east of Austin in Bastrop and Lee counties just won a big round in court to protect of the very slow recharge aquifer known as the Simsboro? This was about just 1 of 3 mega-permit demands on the Simsboro formation of the Carrizo-Wilcox aquifer. Notably, End Op LP (now called "Recharge") includes former Austin Mayor Will Wynn, who has been seen at meetings of the Lost Pines Groundwater Conservation District. Read the article here.
- For an excellent overview of the central Texas water wars and what Austin has to do with it, watch this 17-minute video. (Or click on the video with the horses).
- Don't you think Austin area officials might at least raise an eyebrow about a private trade organization, otherwise known as the Austin Area Chamber of Commerce, continuing to try to woo the new Amazon headquarters to Austin. See Texas Monthly article here -- and think about how bringing 50,000 Amazon employees could impact on your affordability and mobility and your neighbors across central Texas.
We hope to see you all at the Martin Luther King Day March and celebration this coming Monday! Details here or feel free to reply or call us.
Happy New Year, Austin!
PO Box 41479
Austin, TX 78704
512.535.0989 * cell 512.657.0989
PS IndyAustin does not endorse candidates but we love electoral competition!